Florida is considered the America’s Innovation Hub. This state is assuring a long term success for many companies through the rising consumer market, expanding group of talent, strong assets backgrounds, and supportive government. Florida’s energy is palpable. It is apparent in every indicator. So, in a period where you are looking for innovative business to achieve success, Florida is the best place for you.
The strength of Florida lie on the key sectors which include: (a) Life Sciences (Pharmaceuticals, manufacturing of medical device, Biotechnology) (b) Information Technology (IT services, IT products, Software Development, Training/Simulation/Modeling/, Lasers/Photonics/Optics, Telecommunications, Microelectronics, Home Automation) (c) Aerospace or Aviation (d) Homeland Defense or Security (e) Financial and Professional Services (d) Manufacturing
Compared to other states of U.S., Florida is the 4th most popular state, has the 4th biggest labor force, 7th lowest rate of unemployment, 4th highest figures on business establishments, 4th largest GSP (gross state product), 8th largest western economy location, 19th largest economy all over the world, 4th rank in high-tech industries employment, 9th biggest exported goods producers, and the nation’s 9th biggest recipient of FDI (Foreign Direct Investment).
Whether the organization needs data or services or transport products, transacting business can provide worldwide connectivity. Florida is the worldwide gateway on international commerce. It is a favorable environment for people with entrepreneurial spirit. There are lots of capital firms, technology incubators, angel investors, strong research programs of universities, and research parks that help in fueling business expansion and development.
Florida businesses continuously blossom via support of an established R+D (research and development) efforts as well as technology transfer. The government, academia, and industry have joined together to create a strong partnership in continuing the advancement of workforce talent and technology leadership in Florida which include home automation.
Businesses in Florida, including home automation businesses, enjoy the tax structure stability, efficient local and state government, exceptional incentives. Likewise the people acquire benefits from an established educational system, no state PI (personal income) tax, sought-after quality of living, and affordable housing. In Florida, strong networks are created ensuring that ideas on innovation will be realized. Accelerators and incubators are located across Florida to provide business management expertise in planning, developing, and giving technical service support and training.
Florida has become the forefront of advancement in technology especially in terms of home automation. Since the introduction of Florida’s space program in 1950 at Cape Canaveral, working on the laser early technology in 1960 at Central Florida, and developing IBM PC in 1980 at Boca Raton. Florida became a historical figure in pushing technological advances. Today, the innovative organization and key industries in Florida continue to develop modern sate-of-the-art technologies. To preserve the status of Florida, these organizations must stay as key players in pursuing modern economy.
Home automation is one of the most popular technological businesses in Florida. In fact, there are lots of jobs open for professional and skilled people who have knowledge about home automation. There are lots of company websites in Florida posting their advertisements for specific positions. Their online applications are readily available. The qualifications, requirements, salary ranges, and job descriptions is posted as well.
Home automation is not impossible in a state like Florida where technology is highly advanced. It is the modern tool for controlling home devices and communication devices. Jobs related to home automation installation are in demand. Because knowledge on the equipments used like switches, remote controls, hubs, video modulators, multi-zone controls, and distribution panels is needed. Others include skills on setting up interface cards, network interfaces, routers, and LAN setups.
Florida’s home automation is the product itself. And as managers of corporate brands, they constantly assess and monitor customer needs, product improvement, value comparisons, and pricing to increase and maintain competitiveness. Profitability is the key to success. Florida has all the resources ensuring global competitiveness. To keep costs of business at manageable levels, the state provides cost efficient options to other states that are also competitive on high technology.
The future vision and strategic plan of Florida related with home automation was developed to achieve future objectives and challenges. It is a grass root process and continuous improvement for developing strategies to continue global competitiveness and economic growth. Florida is a collaboration private-public institution. Government, economic development, and business leaders commit themselves in working together to achieve Florida’s future vision.
Before your eye gloss with the thought of establishing your own home based business via Internet, let us first have a reality check and check the trends.
Entrepreneurs venturing into the World Wide Web typically have dreams of having time all for themselves, sitting on their couches with laptops on and money pouring continuously with every click. That’s possible, all right but this normally is not a case.
Though we are talking of home based business in here, it is still not true that we can get things easily. Or that we can earn hundreds of thousands even while we sleep. Don’t be lured with business opportunities in the web that offer too-good-to-be-true fantasies. If they’re dealing with a motto like “be a millionaire in 1 month” then it is time for you to have doubts. Success don’t come easy, you know that. Only those who have a perfect combination of events and ideal attitude towards works would be the people who can be showered with success.
The specific idea of becoming a home based internet business entrepreneur is that of leaving an old job of stressful deadline buzzing and annoying bosses overlooking your works, in exchange for a flexible job that you are in total control of.
That’s true. You really would have these benefits when you switch to home base jobs and perhaps, you’ll gain even more.
Well, working home based in the internet is totally relieving. You wont have to abide with company cultures or deal with people you refuse to see every working days. You will also get around spending on transportation, clothing and eating allowances and most especially, you’ll be freed from the worries of stress and tension.
However, it’s not always easy to sail on with internet businesses. They are equally risky as compared with off line business ventures. We are not putting a scare in here, it’s just that we want you to open your eyes to truths that you would sooner or later face. Truths that are inevitable parts of internet business transactions.
After quitting your job, which most home based Internet entrepreneurs do, you have to be ready with loosing many things. However, if home based internet business works well for you, those losses will become insignificant as compared with the gains you have acquired through taking risks.
One great risk is you’ll stop getting your fixed source of income. There are good and bad sides to this. And depending on your case, they may either make or break your business life.
All jobs have some degree of uncertainty in them after all, business would have to deal with risks of failure or of success. However, entrepreneurs have a good argument of controlling your own income is better than having other people fix it for you. That way, you’ll have greater elbow room for growth. However, you must also be prepared for periods of losses.
Remember that even the largest establishment fail. No one can ever be assured that Internet sales would keep on coming. You would surely have great and bad months and the only thing that you can be assured of is that you always have to deal with unpredictability of trends. If you are not a risk taker, a steady paycheck may appeal to you more than an unsteady business earning.
As an entrepreneur, you have to face the truth that once you embark on an internet home based business, this very thing will be your life. It’s like turning work into your obsession as to eliminate the work attitude and all factors that go with it. Once you leave work, you really have to leave your old job. Most entrepreneurs practice breathing their own business so they need not experience fatigue while working and will therefore be able to dedicate long hours on their work without even getting fed up with it.
Making money would be impossible unless you take charge of really selling your business. Well that would surely be a task that you would have to dedicate yourself into. Initially, you invest days of unrest for getting your home based business through its second juncture. And the same would be true until you can actually settle yourself and realize that everything is going great.
Remember that there is no sure path to success, even if we are to talk success in its many facets, than to toil and really sweat for it. In the end, you’ll be happy that you did. After all, all your toil will boil down towards your earnings.
Related postsread more
There is nothing like working from home. It is cheaper because you don’t need to commute or buy a special wardrobe to go out into the public. You can also use a home office as a tax write off. Here are some ideas to help you start and succeed in a home based cake decorating business.
- Find a Unique Way to Sell Your Cakes – Think about why people should come to you for their cakes instead of going to a bakery. Do your cakes taste better, are they more beautiful, do you offer a unique style, or do you provide better service (drop off cakes on the special day)? You may want to offer all of these things to get the customers coming to you. Once they see the beautiful work you do, they will tell everyone they know and you will be able to get more business.
- Use Press Releases: You should send a press release to local and nearby news papers every time you participate in nonprofit or community events in your town. You should also send a press release if you have anything happen with your business. When you do, be sure to mention everything that makes your business unique. This will be a bit of advertisement along with the announcement.
- Advertise in newspapers and shoppers: Make sure to advertise your business. You should take out a larger ad the month of May for graduation, in May and June for weddings, or when a big event is going to take place. Place ads in the high school paper, or if you have a college nearby, you can advertise in any paper they may have and on the bulletin board. Before you do think about what discounts or specials you can offer for these events. Make sure you specify that all orders need to be in by a certain date, this could prompt buyers to take action and order from you.
- A Business Website: You should create a website for your cake decorating business. Make the site informative and easy to navigate. Show samples of your cake decorating skills, and mention how unique your business is, if you are flexible, and what type of cake decorating you do. You may or may not want to put prices on your website, sometimes it is better to have them call you and you can quote them a price, according to their needs. When you advertise, make sure you include your web address in your advertising.
- Look for Distributors: One way to expand your business is to find other businesses who are willing to advertise your cake decorating business. Coffee shops and restaurants will probably be your best bet. This will give your business more exposure and save you from having to open a store of your own. In exchange for this service they would receive a commission on each order you receive from their establishment.
- Barter with local party and event planners: You can strike up a bargain with local planners to show your portfolio to their customers. In exchange you can recommend them to your customers. Get included in their list of vendors, and they may have you making and decorating all of their cakes.
- Offer Free Products for fund raisers, church activities, local events and festivals. Get involved in fundraising for local charities, school, church, and business events. By offering a free cake for these events, you will be gaining a great deal of advertising exposure. Make up brochures and hand them out when you are in attendance.
- Real Estate Offering: Contact local Realtors and offer a special on housewarming cakes for their clients. Realtors often give a gift to clients when they sell a home. When you make cakes for these occasions, make sure to place the cake in a beautiful cake box imprinted with your business name, address, phone, and web address. You can also include a discount coupon if they order a cake within a certain time frame.
- Referrals: Tell everyone you come into contact with about your business. Carry business cards with all of your information on it. Give them 2 or 3 cards and ask them to pass them along to others who might be interested in using your talents. You should also ask customers for referrals. Offer them a discount on their next cake if they can drum up new business for you.